Sometimes I bake something that’s so easy, so super-good that I write about it. Then, it gets buried in all the baby deals, toy deals and other stuff I’m far more likely to share with you. Then, I make that recipe later and think, I really need to share that easy pumpkin bread recipe with readers who may have missed it the first time around.
I don’t do it often, but I want to share for the second time what I think is a perfect fall recipe: pumpkin bread. Even better, this is an easy pumpkin bread recipe made with cake mix!
On a side note, I usually break out my hand mixer when a recipe requires only a minute or two of speedy mixing. I’ve broken more than a few mixers in the past by expecting more from them than they could handle, but this hand mixer has been one of my favorite small kitchen appliances for a few years. It’s pricier than a lot of other brands, but I haven’t broken mine yet, which says a lot
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice)
- 1-3 eggs (see cake mix directions for amount)
- Vegetable oil (see cake mix directions for amount)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Consult your cake mix box to find the amount of eggs and oil as directed on the box.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl and mix on medium speed until smooth and well-blended.
- Add pumpkin and cinnamon. Mix on low until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with butter or frost with cream cheese frosting.
Do you have an easy pumpkin bread recipe to share? Please link to it in the comments below!