I posted this healthy vanilla pumpkin smoothie recipe a few years ago, but it was hidden in a post about yogurt and, well, my bowels.
It’s an interesting thing; I get a lot of traffic to that post from Pinterest from people looking for the recipe. I also get a good amount of traffic from google for people searching for digestion issues after having a baby.
I’m sure the visitors from Pinterest are a little bit surprised to find not only a delicious recipe, but also my personal experiences with postpartum gas and digestive problems!
Now I thought I’d hopefully clean things up a bit and write a post specifically for the smoothie recipe!
Healthy Vanilla Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 3/4 cups cold milk or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 6-oz cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. This is by far the best bang for your buck, but check this pumpkin pie spice out if you want to buy that much!
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-4 ice cubes
- Combine pumpkin, milk, vanilla, yogurt, brown sugar, spices and ice in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses, sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice on top and serve.