My family celebrates any and every holiday with food. Of course we get together to talk and have fun. We let the kids play, we drink sodas and coffee and drink boxes. But the party gets started when the food is served!
Related: The Best Fourth of July recipes and party food!
We always have a picnic on the 4th of July, and this 4th of July snack mix recipe is the perfect food for an indoor or outdoor party.
Related: The Asian chicken Burger recipe that will change your summer cookout!
If you like your M&Ms to get a little melty, the snack mix can even sit in the sun. If you’d prefer to keep everything in the mix in solid form, make sure you keep it in the shade!
Note: the recipe calls for red white and blue Peanut M&Ms. If it’s not June or July, these are hard to find! I recommend getting a big bag of standard Peanut M&Ms and only using the red and blue ones.
Also, you can use any candy you want here, so feel free to be creative with your color combinations and flavors!
4th of July Snack Mix
Ingredients for the 4th of July Snack Mix
Directions for the 4th of July snack mix
2. Put the milk chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
3. Use a large spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal. Gently mix as you drizzle, making sure to coat the cereal evenly.
4. Place the powdered sugar in a 1 gallon zip-top bag.
5. Carefully scoop the chocolate-coated cereal into the bag with the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake it to cover the cereal with the powdered sugar.
6. Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then spread it out onto the prepared baking sheet. let dry for 1 hour.
7. Put your cereal back in the large bowl and gently mix in the Whoppers and M&Ms.
Find and print the 4th of July Snack Mix recipe below.