When I talked about the red carpet premiere of Alice Through the Looking Glass I mentioned that my family had gone through a major change that left us reeling.
The major thing that happened? My dad passed away suddenly earlier this month. He hadn’t been healthy in quite a long time, but his death and the way he died were unexpected. It’s only been a few weeks and, well, I’m dealing.
I don’t know very much about grief and I’m lucky that I don’t have much experience with it. But one thing I do know is that the feelings following the death of someone we love are often unexpected, and there’s absolutely no way to plan for how we’ll feel when the time comes.
I honestly never thought I’d feel the need to run away like I did in the days following my dad’s death. But those feelings were there, and I’m so happy I had this Disney Alice Through the Looking Glass trip scheduled, that I could still go, and that my family still wanted me to go in the wake of our tragedy.
I also didn’t expect to feel so much while watching Alice Through the Looking Glass. The plot of the movie is gripping and the special effects are incredible, but the underlying theme of time passing made me cry several times throughout the film and culminated with tears, lots of tears over one of the final scenes in the film.
The message of time, of not being able to change the past, is so powerful that I felt compelled to start writing down the best Alice Through the Looking Glass quotes about time.
Alice Through the Looking Glass Quotes About Time
Time is a thief and a villian. – Mrs. Kingsliegh
Time is against you. – Mrs. Kingsleigh
Young lady, your time is up. – Ascot Trading Company board member
Everyone parts with everything eventually. – Time
I suppose every second counts. – Alice
You cannot win in a race against time. – Time
Without the chronosphere time myself will perish. – Time
I hope you used your time well. – Time
Time is many things, but he is not money. Nor is he our enemy. – Alice
I used to think time was a thief. – Alice
Time is a gift. Every minute. Every second. – Alice
In the garden of memory, in the palace of dreams, that is where you and I shall meet. – The Mad Hatter
Even when all the Alice Through the Looking Glass quotes about time have been said, there’s so much more to this movie.
A few interesting things to note:
- The cast of Alice Through the Looking Glass is astounding. I’m still wondering how Johnny Depp and Sacha Baron Cohen exist so beautifully in a movie together!
- I watched Disney’s Alice in Wonderland for the first time last week in preparation for this movie. I was entertained by the it, but I thought Alice Through the Looking Glass was better — more magical, more spectacular and more gripping — than the first.
- If you’re wondering: Is Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass is a sequel to Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, my answer is: I’m not really sure. Alice Through the Looking Glass can stand on it’s own – it’s not necessary to see the first film to understand the second. But having the first film fresh in your memory would make viewing Alice Through the Looking Glass a richer experience.
Sequel or not, Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass is an amazing movie. I’ve seen it twice, and I want to see it once more when I’m feeling less emotional so I can get a clearer take on the film.
Go see Alice Through the Looking Glass this weekend. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Read my exclusive Mia Wasikowska interview. She plays Alice in Alice Through the Looking Glass! Then see my entire experience on the red carpet of the Hollywood premiere of Alice Through the Looking Glass!
Watch the official trailer for Alice Through the Looking Glass now:
Follow Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass on these social media pages:
- Alice Through the Looking Glass on Facebook
- Alice Through the Looking Glass on Instagram
- Visit the official website for Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass.