The second time I watched the movie was at the Hollywood premiere of Alice Through the Looking Glass. I was so distracted and excited by the event that I was able to focus on the good and happy things about the movie.
And there are so many good and happy things about Alice Through the Looking Glass that I'm really looking forward to seeing it a third time.
Alice Through the Looking Glass arrives on digital HD, Blu-ray and Disney Movies Anywhere on October 18th!
Here are a few things I mentioned in my initial post about the film:
- I watched Disney’s Alice in Wonderland for the first time just one week before I saw Alice Through the Looking Glass. I was entertained by the it, but I thought Alice Through the Looking Glass was better — more magical, more spectacular and more gripping — than the first.
- If you’re wondering: Is Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass is a sequel to Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, my answer is: I’m not really sure. Alice Through the Looking Glass can stand on it’s own – it’s not necessary to see the first film to understand the second. But having the first film fresh in your memory would make viewing Alice Through the Looking Glass a richer experience.
These are the bonus features included with Alice Through the Looking Glass:
- A Stitch in Time: Costuming Wonderland – Three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood explains how costuming helps shape the curious characters of Underland and reveals hidden Alice Through the Looking Glass Easter Eggs within the cast’s ornate outfits.
- Music Video “Just Like Fire” by P!nk
- Behind the Music Video – Go on set with P!nk for production of her Just Like Fire video, featuring imagery, aerial stunts, character cameos, and guest appearances by P!nk’s family.
- Behind The Looking Glass – Jump through time during this in-depth look into the making of Alice Through the Looking Glass, hosted by director James Bobin. Read my interview with James Bobbin!
- Time On… – Delight in this discussion with the unpredictable and witty Sacha Baron Cohen who plays Time, the keeper of the Chronosphere, a metallic sphere that powers all time.
- Alice Goes Through the Looking Glass – View a side-by-side comparison of raw production footage and final scenes, as Alice enters Underland through a magical looking glass.
- Alice Goes Through Time’s Castle – View raw production footage alongside final scenes, as Alice enters Time’s castle of eternity.
- Characters of Underland – Get to know the quirky and colorful supporting characters in Underland, such as the tubby twins known as the Tweedles (Matt Lucas) and Absolem (Alan Rickman), the blue caterpillar turned blue Monarch butterfly.
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary by James Bobin – Director James Bobin delivers scene-by-scene insight into the creation of “Alice Through the Looking Glass.”
- Deleted Scenes with Director Commentary – Bobin introduces five never-before-seen scenes that didn’t make the final cut of Disney’s spectacular adventure.
I'm excited to see the behind-the-scenes footage of P!nk's Just Like Fire video. I was in the front row to see P!nk sing both White Rabbit and Just Like Fire at the Alice Through the Looking Glass premiere. I made this video highlighting both songs: