2010 was truly a wonderful year for BabyGoodBuys and for me personally! I quit my job to stay home with my adorable kids, I worked on growing this baby deals blog, and I tried to keep the important things in sight.
Since I'm no longer working outside the home, 2011 is going to be a year of family, friends and focus for me! I have a few personal and blog-related goals I want to share with you. I'm hoping that the goals will keep me accountable and just might help you make a goal or two of your own!
- Keep family #1. While I've absolutely loved transitioning to a stay-at-home mom, I've found myself trying to be a full-time mom and full-time blogger! I love doing both, but my priority has to be my family. If I keep this in the front of my mind, I think other things might fall into place!
- Get into a routine with Haiden and Piper: I don't talk about it much on this site, but my husband works really hard for very long hours. He's very driven to support our family and make it possible for me to stay home with our kids. That, however, makes for long days for just the kids and I! I've been thinking back to those SuperNanny episodes I watched before I had kids, and it keeps coming back that families thrive on routines and predictability. I feel like we've been lax around here and I want to start a basic framework of a routine for Haiden, Piper and I that includes going for walks, cleaning up, tons of reading and tons of playing. I'm hoping I can share this with you as I make my way towards a loose schedule that works for us.
- Declutter! Between annual garage sales and occassional runs to drop off our extra stuff at The Salvation Army, you'd think my house would be reasonably clutter-free. That's not the case at all, and it's time to get a handle on it! For me, space = sanity, and I need to create more open areas throughout our home. Further, I love the idea of passing on items that no longer work for me.
- Reconnect with friends: My first priority will always be my family, but let me tell you that having two babies in under two years is rough on a social life! Quitting my professional job hasn't helped in that area either. The trade-off has been more than worth it, but it's time to really show my friends that I can be there for them again.
- Make 2011 a year for trying new things! I have a follow-up post scheduled soon about 12 new things I want to do in 2011. Most of them are cooking or baking-related items that I've been wanting to try, and I want to share them with you! (Stay tuned for more on this one!)
- Start paying off our mortgage: In general we're pretty responsible about managing our household finances. We did, however, buy our home at the peak of the housing market in 2005 and I recently lost my motivation to get our home paid off early. I have more information to share, but one of my goals is to get back on track with paying off our home sooner than expected!
Blog Goals for Baby GoodBuys:
- Share more about myself and my life (and learn more about you!): This was one of my 2010 resolutions, and I have to say that I feel ok about where I am with it! While this is a baby deals blog, I want us to get to know each other! (P.S. One of the best ways I connect with readers is through Facebook! Like BabyGoodBuys on Facebook today so I can start getting to know you!)
- Help out Charities: I'm still working on this one, but I have a few ideas for ways to use Baby GoodBuys to give back to organizations and foundations that need and deserve financial help.
- Make this website more user-friendly: I have to say that I don't know enough about coding to make this site as easy-to-use and navigate as I'd like it to be! I'll be working on optimizing this blog to make it better for you!
- Get on a blogging schedule: This goes with my personal goal of getting into a routine with Haiden and Piper. Right now I write when I can, and it's not working as well as I'd like it to work. While I want to bring every deal to you, it's simply not possible to raise a family and maintain my home while hopping on and off the computer all day. I have some plans in the works for how to make this better for me, which, in turn, will be better for you!
Do you have goals for 2011?
I'm hoping that my resolutions are reasonable enough to achieve throughout the coming 12 months! If you have goals you'd like to share, please leave comments below. I'll periodically check in to see how you're doing, and I'll share my progress, too!