Click on each image to see the full-size picture.
This is exciting! Muppets Most Wanted is set to open in theaters on March 21st 2014, and the official press release from Disney that was in my inbox shows the following cast:
- Kermit the Frog
- Miss Piggy
- Fozzie Bear
- The Great Gonzo
- Ricky Gervais
- Ty Burrell
- Tina Fey
Am I the only one who finds that hilarious? I love that the characters are listed above the real-life actors!
I often feel like I’m using movies to find my inner child. The giddiness I feel when I see anything with the Muppets and most other Disney-related entertainment is different than the many other things in life that make me happy. It must be that Disney magic!
I’m also excited to share a new teaser trailer for Muppets Most Wanted! Take a look:
Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters in some of Europe’s most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London.
But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine—the World’s Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit—and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais.
The film stars Tina Fey as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Ty Burrell as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.
Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted is directed by James Bobin and produced by David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Bobin co-wrote the screenplay with Nicholas Stoller, who is also executive producer with John G. Scotti. Featuring music from Academy Award®-winning songwriter Bret McKenzie, Muppets Most Wanted hits the big screen March 21, 2014.
Here are a few fun facts about Muppets Most Wanted:
- Director James Bobin returns to Muppets mania. For his work as Disney’s The Muppets director, Bobin was nominated for BAFTA (Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer). He co-created HBO’s Flight of the Conchords, which he wrote, directed and exec produced.
- Bret McKenzie, who won an Oscar for best original song for Man or Muppet, returns to the Muppets stage as music supervisor. McKenzie created, co-wrote, executive produced and starred in the hit HBO television series Flight of the Conchords.
- Ricky Gervais is the creator of Derek and the Golden Globe- and Emmy-winning series The Office and Extras.
- Ty Burrell is an Emmy Award winner for his role in TV’s Modern Family.
- Tina Fey is a Golden Globe-, Emmy- and SAG Award-winning actress and writer (30 Rock, Mean Girls, Date Night).
Stay on top of all the Muppets Most Wanted news: