I'm not good at staying on top on entertainment industry news that actually matters. Thankfully I have a friend (you know who you are!) who is more than happy to enthusiastically post movie news and award nominations on Facebook.
The information I see from his posts keeps me updated and ready for awards season. Since I actually know that this is nomination season, I understand that this new Muppets video is relevant and especially hilarious:
Muppets Most Wanted will open in theaters on March 21st 2014
If you're unable to see the trailer above, you can see the Muppets Outrage video on YouTube.
If you haven't discovered it yet, the Muppets have a fantastic Youtube channel where they feature original videos. There is some amazing stuff on their channel and I've been making an effort to share more of their videos when I have Muppets Most Wanted news for you.
In the past, I've shared:
Today I'm sharing Bohemian Rhapsody as performed by The Muppets. I love how they manage to substitute genuinely funny Muppet moments for the more serious parts of the song!
Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters in some of Europe’s most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London.
But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine—the World’s Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit—and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais.
The film stars Tina Fey as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Ty Burrell as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.
Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted is directed by James Bobin and produced by David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Bobin co-wrote the screenplay with Nicholas Stoller, who is also executive producer with John G. Scotti. Featuring music from Academy Award®-winning songwriter Bret McKenzie, Muppets Most Wanted hits the big screen March 21, 2014.
Here are a few fun facts about Muppets Most Wanted:
- Director James Bobin returns to Muppets mania. For his work as Disney’s The Muppets director, Bobin was nominated for BAFTA (Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer). He co-created HBO’s Flight of the Conchords, which he wrote, directed and exec produced.
- Bret McKenzie, who won an Oscar for best original song for Man or Muppet, returns to the Muppets stage as music supervisor. McKenzie created, co-wrote, executive produced and starred in the hit HBO television series Flight of the Conchords.
- Ricky Gervais is the creator of Derek and the Golden Globe- and Emmy-winning series The Office and Extras.
- Ty Burrell is an Emmy Award winner for his role in TV’s Modern Family.
- Tina Fey is a Golden Globe-, Emmy- and SAG Award-winning actress and writer (30 Rock, Mean Girls, Date Night).
Stay on top of all the Muppets Most Wanted news:
This link will always bring you to the most current Muppets Most Wanted information right here on babysavers.com!