Well, the secret's been out for a bit among my friends and family, but I've just recently started revealing to everyone that I'm expecting another baby on July 30th! My husband and I are so excited, and we're just a bit anxious that our babies will be just over 12 months apart!
With the knowledge of another baby on the way, I've come to the realization that we are almost 100% prepared with supplies and gear for our newest addition. There are, however, a few things that I would like to have for new baby. I know the prices on some of the things I want are outrageous, that's why it's a wishlist! I'm also 100% aware that we can go without any of these things (except the crib) and be just fine. Since my motto is Never Pay Full Price, I won't be making any purchases unless I can find some stellar deals. Here's a rundown of my wishlist:
- A crib. Ok, this one is a necessity, since our first baby will still be in his crib when the second is born. I would love a DaVinci Kalani Convertible Crib in white ($309), but I'll probably settle for this Graco Tucson Convertible Crib ($149)
- A super-sweet activity gym/play mat. I acquired a used Ocean Wonders gym, but it's missing quite a few of the pieces that make it great. We've made do by substituting toys from other products, but I'd like to find something complete like the Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym ($63), the Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym ($59) or a Tiny Love Gymini Super Deluxe mat ($55).
- BPA-free teethers. Like most parents, BPA freaks me out, and I want to make sure what goes in baby's mouth is BPA-free. Some that I like are the Vulli Sophie the Giraffe ($17) and the Haba Kringlering ($11).
- Early development toys. Yes, we have plenty of toys, but I can't help envying my little nephew's bright, stimulating Lamaze toys. I love Jacques the Peacock ($10), Freddie the Firefly ($10) and Stretch the Giraffe ($10). I also think baby would benefit from a classic Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stack ($10).
- A baby sling. My baby really only liked to nap while being held for the first few months of his life. My Sleepy Wrap was very useful during this time, but I often thought a sling would be easier to just slip on and go. I'm in love with Hotslings ($48), and I'd really like something like that for our new baby.
- A bath toy container. We're accumulating more toys by the day, but what to do with the bath toys? A Boon Frog Pod ($27) or Bug Pod ($33) would come in very handy for this!
- A glider and matching ottoman. I have a rocking chair that serves its purpose of soothing baby to sleep, but it's not comfortable, and I'd love to have something really cozy for my husband to snuggle with the babies in. Enter the upholstered glider with ottoman. Crazy expensive, I know, and also not likely to be purchased! But a girl can dream, and sometimes I dream about furniture!
So, that's the list! Like I said, if I was due to have the baby tomorrow and I didn't have anything on the list but the crib, I'd be happy and 100% content with what I already have. I'm always on the lookout for serious bargains, so if I happen upon something on the list for a super price, I just might take the plunge. I'll be sure to tell you all about my great deal if I find it!
What about you? Are you having a baby in 2009? What's on your wish list? Any advice or recommendations for those of us expecting a little one in the coming months?