I was born and raised in Minnesota and I have no plans to move away from here. I mean, maybe someday, when my husband and I are retired empty nesters we’ll head south for a few of the coldest months. But really, we’re here to stay.
It’s weird, though, because I sincerely hate cold weather. When the temperature drops below 50 I start to avoid the outdoors. I could easily become a hermit in the winter, so it’s probably a good thing I have kids and a close family to get me out of the house every once in a while!
But the one upside to cold weather is the significant shift in clothing that happens when the seasons change. Rotating my wardrobe from summer to fall/winter is one of the few things that makes me happy to live in a cold climate!
When the temperature drops, it’s time to put away the sandals and tank tops and embrace long sleeves, boots and scarves. So this week I have a fun Fashion Friday outfit for all of you!
Here’s how you can shop this look:
- Kamik Rogue boots
- Cable knit mustard yellow sweater (similar) or a different color (I love the fisherman’s sweater!)
- Skulptek skinny jeans
- Ecru henley shirt (original is sold out, but the link is for an even cuter style!)
- Wool blend plaid blanket scarf
- Transport Tote (similar: Transport Foldover)
I’ve realized that cozy can sometimes equate with sloppy, so I have a few basic guidelines to keep that from happening.
How to wear cozy outfits without looking sloppy
- Avoid athletic clothing. Leggings and yoga pants are for working out or relaxing. Instead, check out these athletic-designed jeans that marry comfort with style.
- Wear layers, especially when you’re going somewhere and staying outdoors. Check out these winery outfits starting at #18 for some stylish outdoor inspiration.
- Wear slim-fitting clothes closest to your body. This will define your shape
- Cozy can mean oversized, which is fine. But keep the bigger items to a minimum. Don’t wear bulky items on top and the bottom at the same time.
- Don’t stop the coziness when you’re at home! Cuddle up under a Barefoot Dreams blanket for maximum comfort.
With these tips you’ll be able to master the cozy, comfortable look in no time!