**This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to Dorothy!**
I don't know about you, but I find the holiday season exciting, heartwarming, but also incredibly exhausting! As a Minnesota Mom with family on both the north and south ends of the state, I find myself driving long distances to multiple destinations nearly every weekend. I'm also a deal blogger, which means many hours at the computer and time offline planning posts and strategizing the best ways to get shopping information to my lovely readers. Throw in Christmas parties, baking, shopping, gift-wrapping, cards and all the rest of the Christmas craziness and I could use a personal assistant to keep me on track for the entire month of December!
I'm not known as being the most organized mom out there, and my life can get downright disastrous around Christmastime! I've found, however, that a little bit of planning goes a long way in taming the holiday craziness. Thankfully for my family and me, Bank of America has come up with a list of incredibly useful (seriously!) tips to save time during the holidays. Plus, a lot of the tips will definitely help beyond December, and I'm personally planning on putting them to use now and after Christmas! These are a few of my favorites:
- No more backtracking! A lesser-known “route planner” feature on MapQuest helps you save both time and money by mapping out an entire journey – with multiple stops – all in one convenient step. You can add up to 26 destinations along any route, and the tool gives you the fastest route. Since launching in July, it has saved North Americans more 3.2 million miles!
- Find a holiday helper: Save time and relieve stress by finding a holiday helper to assist with household chores and last-minute errands. Don’t hesitate to ask your normal sitter, cleaning person or a neighborhood college student who is home for the holiday stretch. And don’t be afraid to delegate household chores to your own children home for winter break!
- Make sure it's in stock: Nothing wastes more time than driving from store-to-store in search of a specific item. Do yourself a favor and call ahead or better yet check store inventory online before you leave home. Many major e-tailers offer customers the convenience of purchasing items online and then picking them up in-store…some with express pick-up lines.
Even better, Bank of America offers a few great services that help make life easier, and not just around the holidays!
- Bank on the go: It’s easy to set up mobile banking and secure access to your money wherever you are. Download the mobile banking app and you can check balances, transfer money, pay bills, and locate ATMs. Sign up for text banking and you’ll be able to send a text message to get your balance instantly in a reply.
- Make quick and easy deposits: Holiday means a lot of extra work, so eliminate the labor of depositing checks. With Bank of America’s Deposit Image ATMs, you simply feed checks or cash into the ATM with no envelopes or deposit slips required. You get images of your checks and a list of cash deposited on your receipt as proof.
- Save a trip to the bank: Don’t worry about making an extra stop to the bank during all of your holiday shopping. Keep track of your spending by using Bank of America’s online banking: set up alerts, check balances, and transfer money.
If you're interested in getting more tips for saving time, you can follow @BofA_Tips on Twitter and see those tips in their Twitter stream!
Want to Win a $50 Bank of America Visa Gift Card?
One lucky winner will receive a $50 Bank of America Visa Gift Card!
HOW TO ENTER:
You can enter multiple times for many chances to win! Please take the following steps to enter the contest, and make a separate comment below for each entry (ie., if you are a fan of Baby GoodBuys on Facebook, comment and say so). You have lots of chances to win!
To enter, leave a comment sharing your favorite holiday time-saving tip.
The above entry is mandatory. If you’d like additional entries, you may do the following:
- Subscribe to the Baby GoodBuys email newsletter: Enter your email address here or in the box below. You must click the confirmation link in the message that's sent to you. All entries will be verified to ensure the email address is confirmed.
- Subscribe to the Baby GoodBuys RSS feed in a reader: You can do this by clicking here and adding this site to your reader.
- Add Baby GoodBuys to your Blogroll or post my button on the sidebar of your blog: My button can be found in the right sidebar. The button or blogroll link must be on your front page sidebar, not in an individual post or footer.
- “Like” Baby GoodBuys on Facebook (leave your Facebook display name in your comment).
- Follow @BabyGoodBuys on Twitter and tweet exactly the following (copy & paste): I just entered to #win a $50 BofA Visa Gift Card #giveaway! Follow @BabyGoodBuys & visit http://bit.ly/h8X7RU to find out how to enter! You can do this once per day, just leave a separate comment with a link to each day's tweet. (leave your Twitter ID and a link to your tweet in your comment).
- Sign up for ShopItToMe.com through this link. (If the email address you're using here is different than the one you're using on Shop It To Me, be sure to let me know the alternate email address in your comment.)
Contest Details: Contest ends on 12/27/2010. United States residents only. Valid email address is required. All entries without a valid email address will be disqualified. Duplicate, fraudulent and/or invalid entries will be disqualified. Winning email notification must be responded to within 48 hours or that winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected. Winner will be selected with the And the Winner Is WordPress Plugin. Winner will be notified via email. A screenshot of the winner selection will be saved and provided upon request. Winner’s first name will be posted on this giveaway/contest post. All questions should be directed to babygoodbuys(at) gmail(dot)com.
If you are the winner of this giveaway please do not contact the sponsoring company or any other business mentioned with questions about prize fulfillment. All questions should be directed to me at babygoodbuys(at)gmail(dot)com. Contacting anyone other than me may disqualify you from prize fulfillment.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Bank of America and received a Bank of America preloaded gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.