How to make glitter slime that looks like honey! Make this fun slime recipe with optional glitter, embellishments and colors.
How to Make Glitter Slime
I have a feeling just about everyone loves Winnie the Pooh. Do you agree?
I think Disney's Winnie the Pooh has a special place in most of our hearts – I don't think there's a sweeter character out there.
but doesn't A.A. Milne's classic Winnie the Pooh just make you melt?
If you're looking for a fun Winnie the Pooh activity to do with your kids, I have a fun idea: Winnie the Pooh slime!
Love slime? Don't miss my Glow in the Dark Hotel Transylvania Vampire Slime Recipe!
This slime mixed with glitter, sequins and adorable tiny bee embellishments will make kids so happy, and it will bring out your Winnie the Pooh-loving inner child!
How to make Winnie the Pooh Honey Glitter Slime
Scroll down to print your Winnie the Pooh Golden Honey slime recipe.
Ingredients for Gold Honey Glitter slime:
- 1 cup water, hot
- 1/3 tsp borax
- 1 5 oz bottle Clear Elmer’s Glue (you'll want the big jug of Elmer's clear glue if you're going to make more than one batch of slime)
- 1/4 cup water at room temperature
- Food coloring – I used this gel food coloring (the color options are the best out there and I love the amazing color it provides!) The colors that I used were golden yellow and brown.
- Gold sequins
- Extra fine glitter – I used a mix of two glitters. One yellow and one gold.
- Bee button embellishments
- 2 containers for mixing
- 1 airtight container for storing the finished slime
Golden Slime shopping guide
These are the recommended products for my Winnie the Pooh slime:
Borax Powder – Pure Multi-Purpose Cleaner, 1 lb. BagBEE Button EmbellishmentsElmer's Liquid Clear School Glue, 5 ozElmer's Liquid Clear School Glue, 32 ozGold SequinsWilton Icing Colors, Set of 12Extra Fine Iridescent Glitter, Sunshine YellowExtra Fine Holographic Glitter, Golden Tan
Gold Glitter Slime Directions
- Pour 1 cup of hot water into your first empty mixing container. Stir in 1/3 tsp of borax.
- Pour 1/4 cup room temperature water into your second mixing container and mix in an entire bottle of glue.
- Stir in your glitter and gold sequins then add your food coloring. Just a tiny bit at a time until you get the color you want. I stick a toothpick into the food coloring and then dip it into the glue mixture. That's all you need.
- Gently stir in your bee button embellishments, then pour the glue mixture into the water and borax solution. Let it sit for 30 seconds. It will instantly start to form into slime. Use this time to rinse out the food coloring and glue container.
- Pull the slime out of the water and put it into your empty container. It's going to be sticky. Knead it for a few minutes. If it's still too soft or loose knead in a few drops of the remaining borax and water mix. Keep kneading and it will get to the right stretchy slime consistency.
- Store your slime in an airtight container.