What's inside: A simple glow in the dark slime recipe with ingredients that are surprisingly easy to find! Make this impressive and unique slime!
Today, though, I'm inspired to share a fun and crafty idea: glow in the dark slime!
What makes this slime recipe special? It's super easy to make it glow in the dark!
How is it related to Hotel Transylvania 3? There's a few ways:
First, there's Blobby, the jiggly monster that looks like he's made out of slime.
Second, vampires like Drax and Mavis are supposed to stay out of the light! Making Vampire slime that glows in the dark just makes sense.
How to make Glow in the Dark Slime
Note: This recipe uses a very small amount (1/4 tsp) of Borax. Children should never be allowed direct contact with undiluted borax before it's mixed in with the other ingredients. Always monitor small children playing with slime.
Vampire slime is easy to make if you follow my detailed directions!
Glow in the dark slime ingredients
- 1 5oz container clear glue
- 1 cup hot water
- ⅓ tsp borax
- ¼ cup water (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp glow-in-the-dark paint
- Sequins or confetti (optional)
How to make glow in the dark slime directions
1. Pour hot water into a medium bowl and mix in borax until they're combined.
2. Take a second bowl and combine the 1/4 cup room temperature water, the entire 5oz bottle of glue and the paint. Stir it gently until it's mixed together.
3. If you're using sequins or confetti, add them to the glue and paint mix. I think this silver star confetti would look amazing in this Vampire slime!
4. Carefully pour the glue/paint mixture into the first bowl of borax and water. The slime will immediately begin to form.
5. Let the combined mixtures rest for about 30-60 seconds. Take that time to wash and dry the now-empty bowl.
6. Pull the formed slime out of the borax solution and transfer it to your clean bowl. It's going to be sticky. Knead the slime to thicken and form it.
If your slime is too sticky, splash some of the borax water onto it and knead it in. Repeat until it's a smoother, stretchier consistency.
This slime will keep for 4-5 days in an airtight container.