I'm a Minnesota mom, which means we need to take full advantage of every sunny and warm day that comes our way. Summer just doesn't last that long in our neck of the woods!
In addition to pools, sprinklers, bubbles and other outdoor activities, popsicles are a key tradition in enjoying a Minnesota summer. Even when Haiden and Piper were toddlers, a sticky, sweet frozen popsicle was a near-daily treat when temperatures started rising.
I'm not going to lie: the frozen ice pops from the store are the ones that are enjoyed most frequently in our house. But sometimes I'm in the mood for a popsicle, too. The difference is that I want something with more complex flavors and less artificial colors 🙂
These vanilla-infused fresh orange ice pops are absolutely delicious. They taste quite a bit like an Orange Julius and I think they're even more refreshing than the classic drink!
Vanilla-Infused Fresh Orange Ice Pops Recipe
- 6-8 medium oranges or 2 cups of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons white sugar
- Juice the oranges to get between 1. 5 and 2 cups of juice. put it into a pitcher or batter bowl to make it easy to pour.
- Warm up a quarter cup of the juice in the microwave for 20 seconds. Dissolve the sugar in it.
- Stir the vanilla and juice/sugar mixture into the rest of the juice.
- Carefully pour the juice into popsicle molds and freeze for 3-5 hours until solid.
To serve: run your popsicle mold under hot water for 3-5 seconds. Slide the ice pop out of the mold and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 3mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 33g Protein: 3g
After you make your own vanilla and fresh orange juice popsicles, be sure to check out my roundup of the best and most unique homemade popsicles to make this summer!