Between Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, it seems that all anyone is talking about this week is the newest iPhone. I’m quite happy with my Samsung Galaxy S5, but I can’t help but think that the iPhone 6 and I could also be very happy together 🙂
The iPhone 6’s features really aren’t anything newer or better than what I have with my Android phone, but the fact is, I’m an Apple fan. I primarily love the reliability of my little 11″ Macbook Air. iPhones just integrate with Apple computers so effortlessly that it’s hard to get used to new methods for importing photos, playing podcasts, listening to music and more.
I’m not going to lie, I’d love to be an early adopter of new technology, especially new Apple technology. New phones are super-exciting to me, and I’d love to get an iPhone now!
It’s no secret that the huge barrier to actually being an early adopter is cost. It’s great to want a new iPhone on the day it’s released, and if you’re due for a traditional phone upgrade then you’re just in luck that you’ll get a drastically reduced price on the iPhone 6 for your next phone. It’s another thing altogether to shell out $650 for a phone, right?
How to get an Upgrade to the iPhone 6 Now without spending $650
1. Call your carrier: Wireless carriers are eager to get the most exciting product into as many hands as possible. Even if you’re not close to your upgrade date it’s pretty widely known that anything is possible depending on who you talk to. I know several people who aren’t due for upgrades for weeks but Verizon is giving them the opportunity to upgrade now with discount prices.
2. Look for a Trade-In Programs: Most carriers have trade-in programs. Now through 9/30/2014, Verizon’s Trade-In Program is currently offering a nice deal for current iPhone owners who want to upgrade to an iPhone 6:
Trade-in/trade-up your old iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s for the new iPhone 6 and you’ll receive a $200 gift card. If you’re eligible for an upgrade discount the price of the iPhone 6 is $199. Factoring in the gift card means you’re getting the iPhone 6 for $0.00!
3. Use a 3rd Party Buy-Back Service to Get Cash for Your Current Device: If you’ve called your carrier and determined that you’re not eligible for an iPhone 6 upgrade, check out a few different places to see if it makes sense tos ell your current device. The money recouped can then be put towards a ne iPhone. Here are a few options:
- Gazelle gives consumers like you and I cash for used cell phones, tablets, iPods and computer. Use Gazelle.com to get a quote for what they’ll pay for your device, then print out a prepaid shipping label to send it to Gazelle. You’ll get paid after they verify that your device is the same as you stated in your online evaluation. If there are any problems, they’ll send the device back to you at no charge.
- Amazon’s Trade In program allows you to trade in a wide variety of items in exchange for an Amazon gift card (to me, that’s the next-best thing to cash!). The original item can be purchased from anywhere, so it’s not just items originally purchased from Amazon. I’ve used Amazon’s Trade-In program several times and I’ve been very happy with the results! Just like Gazelle, shipping is free and they’ll return your item to you if they determine it doesn’t match your quote.
3. Check out Verizon Edge: Verizon Edge gives you the ability to stay current with all the latest technology without taking your paycheck every time you want a new phone. Here’s how it works:
- Instead of paying for a phone up front, you’ll split your phone cost into 20 equal payments with no interest or fees.
- After you’ve had your phone for at least 30 days and you’ve paid for at least 60% of your phone you’re eligible for upgrade.
- There are no “standard” upgrade fees with Verizon Edge.
- You’ll get $10-$25 off your monthly bill depending on your Verizon plan.
- If you have the More Everything Plan with Verizon Edge and you want the iPhone 6, you’ll get a $25 monthly discount on your bill. The cost of the phone will be $32.49. Put the savings toward your phone cost and your monthly payment is suddenly pretty small!
Will you be getting an iPhone 6? Will you be taking advantage of any types of discounts or trade-in programs to save money on your new phone?
Leave a Reply