Love elotes? Try it with tortilla chips in my easy Mexican street corn dip recipe! It's creamy, cheesy with a hint of heat and a zip of lime juice!
The fall and winter seasons mean different things to different people. For me, colder weather means tall boots, wool socks, chunky sweaters and cozy throws strewn over all the furniture I might sit down on.
For my husband, fall and winter means football.
While I can’t muster up any true excitement or love for the actual sport, there’s one thing about football I can get behind: game day snacks.
That’s right, food is enough to get me to know when our team is playing and if we’re “Homegating” at our house or elsewhere.
What does Homegating mean? It’s an excuse for people like me to plan a little party around football without calling it a party. It’s fun, it’s casual and it means I get to make appetizers and fun drinks for friends and family.
So, even though I rarely have my eyes on the television, the colder months mean I can start thinking of crowd-pleasing snacks that can be whipped up and served without too much effort.
If you want to make serving a snap, set out a buffet and label the food. Labels are key! They mean you won’t be spending your time explaining the dishes over and over again. Labels will also allow you socialize and have fun.
You can go super fancy and get little place cards for your food labels, or you can stick to the football theme and print off my friend Chrysa’s fun football dish markers. I vote for the second option 🙂
Another great idea is using bacon as a snack hack.
What’s a snack hack? It’s taking a favorite food or recipe and making a change that takes it from ordinary to WOW!
Think of your favorite appetizer recipe. Now think of it with bacon. I think most of us can agree that just about any snack can be hacked with bacon.
My latest snack hack involved taking my Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe to the next level with bacon.
First of all, the original dip is delicious. It takes everything tasty about Mexican street corn and makes it easier to eat.
It’s creamy, tangy and just a tiny bit spicy. It also adds tortilla chips, which is never a bad thing!
Adding bacon to my Mexican Street Corn Dip puts it into “amazing” status.
I’m not kidding. Everyone homegating with you is going to love this recipe!
Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe
Mexican Street Corn dip recipe ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 15 ounce cans corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Cojita cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 6 slices bacon, cooked and roughly crumbled
Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe directions
- Make sure the corn has been drained and is as dry as possible.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the corn and cook, until it starts to brown. It’s ok if a few pieces burn. Traditional street corn is charred.
- Set aside half of the bacon, one tablespoon cilantro and one tablespoon cheese.
- Mix the remaining bacon, cheese, cilantro with the mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic and lime juice. Add the corn, stirring gently with a spatula or until the kernels are evenly coated.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the remaining crumbled bacon, then garnish with cilantro and cheese.
The Mexican Street Corn Dip can be served hot or cold. Here’s how:
- Serve immediately while the dip is hot from the cooked corn.
- OR pop it in the fridge until it’s chilled, then serve it cold.
Pin the recipe on Pinterest to save it or share it with others!
However you decide to present it to your guests, be sure to serve it with lots of tortilla chips. I also like to put out a big bowl of salsa.
Believe me that dip will disappear shortly after you put it on the buffet, so it’s nice to have salsa left for the remaining chips!
Print the Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe here:
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 217Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g