I’ve mentioned a short list of the books and movies my little ones a really liked while they were potty training. In fact, even though that period is behind us, they still love reading potty books and relating to the stories!
If you like this article you can share it with friends and family by pinning it on Pinterest!
How to use Books and Movies to Encourage Potty Training
We didn’t use these books and movies to actually do the work of potty training either my son or daughter–I’m pretty sure that approach doesn’t work!
Instead, we watched Elmo’s Potty Time or Potty Time with Bear at the time of day we’d usually watch World World or a different Sesame Street DVD. We’d read the potty books in addition to all the other books we read during the day–including at bedtime.
I’ve always believed that I can never read too many book to my babies, so that meant reading books that Haiden and Piper picked out along with the potty training books. I was pretty proud when they started choosing the potty books on their own as their picks!
I raided our local library for the books and DVDs during our times of potty training, but the selection wasn’t nearly as great as what’s available online, and the recommendations aren’t there, either! I wish I would have had a list of the most-recommended potty training books and movies when I was potty training, so I put this list together for you!
Best Potty Training DVDs
- Potty Power – For Boys & Girls :: 456 customer reviews, 4.5 stars!
- Potty Time – Dvd and CD :: 15 customer reviews, average review of 4.5 out of 5 stars!
- Elmo’s Potty Time :: 359 customer reviews!
- Bear in the Big Blue House : Potty Time With Bear :: 197 customer reviews, 4 star average!
- Once Upon a Potty for Him :: 90 reviews, average of 4 stars!
- Go Potty Go!: Potty Training For Tiny Toddlers :: 60 reviews, average of 4 stars!
- The Magic Bowl: Potty Training Made Easy :: 37 reviews, average of 4 stars!
- The Potty Movie for Girls: Hannah Edition :: 15 reviews, 4 star average!
Best Potty Training Books
- Now I’m Growing!: Princess of the Potty :: 18 5-star reviews!
- Potty Time with Abby Cadabby :: 12 5-star reviews!
- Everyone Poops :: 297 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- The Potty Book for Boys :: 106 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Potty :: 210 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 stars!
- My Big Boy Potty :: 110 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- My Big Girl Potty :: 52 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Princess Potty :: 49 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- You Can Go to the Potty By Dr. Sears :: 39 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Pirate Potty :: 44 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Even Firefighters Go to the Potty :: 64 reviews with an average of 4.5 stars!
- Time to Pee! :: 31 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Have You Seen My Potty? :: 28 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Elmo’s Look & Find Potty Book :: 25 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Little Critter’s The New Potty :: 21 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Super Pooper!: A Super Hero Potty Story :: 19 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 star average!
- Potty Animals: What to Know When You’ve Gotta Go! :: 13 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 stars!
- Duck Goes Potty (Hello Genius) :: 10 reviews, 4.5 out of 5 stars!
- Too Big for Diapers (Sesame Street) :: 168 reviews, 4 out of 5 stars!
- A Potty for Me! A Lift-the-Flap Instruction Manual :: 156 reviews, 4 out of 5 star average!
- Dora’s Potty Book (Dora the Explorer) :: 60 reviews, 4 out of 5 stars!
- The Potty Train :: 48 reviews, 4 out of 5 stars.
- DC Super Friends Potty Time Power :: 20 reviews, 4 out of 5 stars!
- Caillou: Potty Time :: 41 reviews, 3.5 out of 5 star average!
There are also a few highly-rated all-in-one potty training kits that contain entertaining materials, stickers, charts and parent guides. Here are the two with the highest ratings:
Does your family have any favorite potty training books or movies? Please share them in the comments below!
Be sure to read my article about how I potty trained my 18 month old in 1 week!
Leave a Reply