Sometimes I bake something that's so easy, so super-good that I write about it. Then, it gets buried in all the baby deals, toy deals and other stuff I'm far more likely to share with you. Then, I make that recipe later and think, I really need to share that easy pumpkin bread recipe with readers who may have missed it the first time around.
I don't do it often, but I want to share for the second time what I think is a perfect fall recipe: pumpkin bread. Even better, this is an easy pumpkin bread recipe made with cake mix!
On a side note, I usually use my hand mixer when a recipe requires only a minute or two of speedy mixing.
I've broken more than a few mixers in the past by expecting more from them than they could handle, but this hand mixer has been one of my best small kitchen appliances for a few years. It's pricier than a lot of other brands, but I haven't broken mine yet, which says a lot!
Scroll down to get the printable recipe for pumpkin bread made with cake mix!
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice – I buy 16 ounces of pumpkin pie spice at one time to take advantage of a far lower price. I use so much of it during the fall and winter months it just makes sense!)
- 1-3 eggs (see cake mix directions for amount)
- Vegetable oil (see cake mix directions for amount)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a loaf pan. (I'm not an expert, but I've tried a lot of different loaf pans. This Wilton loaf pan is my favorite. It's seamless, nothing sticks to it and it cleans up quickly.)
- Consult your cake mix box to find the amount of eggs and oil as directed on the box.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl and mix on medium speed until smooth and well-blended.
- Add pumpkin and cinnamon. Mix on low until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with butter or frost with cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 584mg Carbohydrates: 66g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
If you love pumpkin you must try my Vanilla Pumpkin Smoothie recipe!
It's just the right time of year to talk about everything pumpkin! Check out one of my most popular posts with over 700 FREE pumpkin carving patterns!