I first saw Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass during a very emotional time, and the movie, particularly the Alice Through the Looking Glass quotes about time, hit me especially hard.
The second time I watched the movie was at the Hollywood premiere of Alice Through the Looking Glass. I was so distracted and excited by the event that I was able to focus on the good and happy things about the movie.
And there are so many good and happy things about Alice Through the Looking Glass that I’m really looking forward to seeing it a third time.
Alice Through the Looking Glass is now available on digital HD and Blu-ray!
Here are a few things I mentioned in my initial post about the film:
- I watched Disney’s Alice in Wonderland for the first time just one week before I saw Alice Through the Looking Glass. I was entertained by it, but I thought Alice Through the Looking Glass was better. It was more magical, more spectacular and more gripping than the first.
- If you’re wondering: Is Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass is a sequel to Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, my answer is: I’m not really sure. Alice Through the Looking Glass can stand on it’s own – it’s not necessary to see the first film to understand the second. The characters are introduced and reintroduced in ways that you won’t miss anything. But having the first film fresh in your mind will make viewing Alice Through the Looking Glass a richer experience.
These are the bonus features included with Alice Through the Looking Glass:
- A Stitch in Time: Costuming Wonderland – Hollywood costume designer Colleen Atwood is a three-time Academy Award winner, and she’s the one who dreamed up the spectacular costumes for this movie. This special bonus features Atwood explaining how costuming helps shape the curious characters of Wonderland and Underland. It also reveals my favorite: the Easter eggs hidden in Alice Through the Looking Glass within the ornate outfits.
- Music Video “Just Like Fire” by P!nk
- Behind the Music Video – Go on set with music superstar Pink for production of the Just Like Fire music video. The bonus features imagery, aerial stunts, character cameos, and guest appearances by P!nk’s family.
- Behind The Looking Glass – Jump through time while watching this in-depth look at the making of Alice Through the Looking Glass, hosted by director James Bobin. Read my interview with James Bobbin!
- Time On… – Delight in this discussion with the unpredictable and exceptionally funny Sacha Baron Cohen. Cohen plays the keeper of the Chronosphere in Alice Through the Looking Glass. The Chronosphere is a metallic device that powers all time.
- Alice Goes Through the Looking Glass – View the magic of special effects that are particularly special in this movie! Watch a side-by-side comparison of raw production footage and final scenes, as Alice enters “Underland” (not Wonderland) through a magical looking glass.
- Alice Goes Through Time’s Castle – View exclusive raw footage from the filmmaking process alongside final scenes, as Alice enters Time’s castle of eternity. The comparison will amaze you!
- Characters of Underland – Get to know the quirky and colorful supporting characters in Underland, such as the ridiculous redheaded twins known as the Tweedles (played by Matt Lucas) and Absolem (played by the late, greatAlan Rickman), the already beautiful blue caterpillar turned into an even more beautiful blue butterfly.
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary by James Bobin – Director of the movie, James Bobin, delivers scene-by-scene insight and commentary into “Alice Through the Looking Glass” in real time as he views the movie.
- Deleted Scenes with Director Commentary – Bobin introduces five brand new, never-before-seen scenes that didn’t make the final cut of Disney’s adventure into Wonderland, Underland and beyond.
I’m especially excited to see the behind-the-scenes footage of P!nk’s Just Like Fire video.
I was in the front row to see P!nk sing both White Rabbit and Just Like Fire at the Alice Through the Looking Glass premiere and her performance was amazing!
I made this video highlighting both songs: