The holiday season is such a magical time, especially with little ones around! What better way to celebrate than with some special Christmas books for children? There are tons of generally seasonal and specifically Christmas books for children that it’s hard to know which ones to pick out!
I like to pick out a variety of books on a single topic–especially a subject that’s as extensive as Christmas and the holidays! You’ll see that some of these Christmas books for children have familiar characters (The Berenstain Bears, Dora, Max and Ruby), some have a traditional topic (The Night Before Christmas) and others are slightly more serious but likely more magical and memorable. I think that means there’s a little something for everyone!
Christmas Books for Children
1. The Berenstain Bears’ Night Before Christmas
5. The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
9. Letters From Father Christmas
10. Lalaloopsy: Christmas Magic
11. The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
13. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Seuss
14. Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree
15. Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight?
16. The Night Before Christmas Pop-up
17. Christmas Miracle Of Jonathan Toomey
18. Santa Claus
Do you have a list of favorite Christmas books for children? There are so many to pick from that I imagine I missed some truly fantastic stories! Did any of your favorites make the list above?
Be sure to take a look at my list of DIY Christmas Wreath Ideas and delicious homemade candy recipes for gifts you can make and share!
my favourite has to be the best Christmas present in the world by Michael Morpurgo. such a sweet story, that never fails to bring a tear to my eye.
Marybeth Hamilton says
I’ll have to check that one out, Kally!