When it comes to dinner for my family, “quick and easy” is my jam. There are just so many ways I struggle with meal planning.
More often than not, I glance at the clock and it’s after 4:30pm. All the meat is still in the freezer. My fresh fruits and vegetables are not-so-fresh and the cheese that could be shredded and melty is still in blocks in the fridge.
The ironic thing about all of this is that I actually like to cook. I’m not stalling and waiting till the last minute because I don’t want to be in the kitchen. My problem lies in my lack of planning and preparation.
Of course, the long-term solution to make my life easier would be to get it together. Start planning, get organized. Manage my time and get to know my slow cooker. Make a meal plan and stick to it on a weekly basis.
OR I could come up with a list of shortcuts and last-minute meal ideas that can be made with little to no prep.
My favorite no-prep meals include things like quesadillas, French toast and pasta. My tips and shortcuts for quick and easy weeknight meals are very simple:
- Own a griddle
- Always have eggs
- Always have shredded cheese
- Always have pasta sauce
I also try to have foods like cooked chicken and ground beef in my freezer, but most of the meals in our dinner rotation are just as good without meat, so it’s not a necessity.
I’m being totally honest when I say RAGÚ® Pasta Sauce is my brand of choice when it comes to the wide variety of pasta sauces available at the so many different stores. I love the variety of flavors, and RAGÚ Pasta Sauce always has the right consistency for all my favorite recipes!
I hadn’t thought about it till just now, but I think using a tomato-based RAGÚ Pasta Sauce would taste incredible!
Chicken Alfredo Crescent Roll-Ups recipe
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ¼cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (½ of one block)
- 1 16oz jar alfredo sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Spray a 13×9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. or a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix chicken with garlic powder, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and ¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Separate out your crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Place a scoop of the chicken mixture onto each one. Roll the crescent up and put it in your baking pan.
- Pour alfredo sauce over the crescent rolls. Top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This is one of the most delicious meals you can make for your family. My husband and kids want my Chicken Alfredo Crescent Roll-Ups at least once a week, and it’s so quick I’m happy to make it for them!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 545Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 924mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g
Do you have any delicious recipes that are great weeknight traditions? I’d love to hear what they are in the comments.