About Finding Dory
From the Academy Award®–winning creators of Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo” (Best Animated Feature, 2003) comes an epic undersea adventure filled with imagination, humor and heart.
When Dory, the forgetful blue tang (Ellen DeGeneres), suddenly remembers she has a family who may be looking for her, she, Marlin (Albert Brooks) and Nemo (Hayden Rolence) take off on a life-changing quest to find them … with help from Hank, a cantankerous octopus; Bailey, a beluga whale who’s convinced his biological sonar skills are on the fritz; and Destiny, a nearsighted whale shark.
Directed by Andrew Stanton and co-directed by Angus MacLane, the film is produced by Lindsey Collins and executive produced by John Lasseter. Victoria Strouse wrote the script with Stanton.
Veteran composer and longtime Stanton collaborator Thomas Newman created the film’s music score and singer-songwriter Sia performs the film’s end-credit song, “Unforgettable.”
Watch this Finding Dory bonus clip to see Hank, our favorite septupus:
There are so many great bonus features included with the Finding Dory Blu-ray, too!
Finding Dory Bonus features include*:
Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital HD:
- Theatrical Short: “Piper” – A hungry sandpiper hatchling ventures from her nest for the first time to dig for food by the shoreline. The only problem is that the food is buried beneath the sand where scary waves roll up onto the shore.
- Marine Life Interviews (All-New Mini Short) – Meet the inhabitants of the Marine Life Institute as they remember our favorite blue tang.
- The Octopus That Nearly Broke Pixar – Pixar’s “Team Hank” unravels the challenges, frustrations, and rewards of bringing to life the studio’s crankiest and most technically complicated character ever.
- What Were We Talking About? – This piece showcases the complex routes Dory’s story took as the filmmakers worked to construct a comprehensive narrative involving a main character with short-term memory loss.
- Casual Carpool – What’s it like to commute with the voices of Marlin, Charlie, Bailey and Hank? Join “Finding Dory” writer/director Andrew Stanton as he drives Albert Brooks, Eugene Levy, Ty Burrell and Ed O’Neill to work.
- Animation & Acting – How do you create a connection between a human audience and a fish? This behind-the-scenes look behind the curtain examines the process of constructing believable performances through a unique collaboration between the director, voice actors and animators.
- Creature Features – The cast of “Finding Dory” share cool facts about the creatures they voice in the film.
- Deep in the Kelp – Disney Channel’s Jenna Ortega guides us on a research trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to show how far the “Finding Dory” crew went to make Dory’s world feel real.
- Skating & Sketching with Jason Deamer – “Finding Dory” character art director Jason Deamer talks about how he got to Pixar, how he draws the characters in the film, and how falling off a skateboard teaches you lessons you can use in art and life.
- Dory’s Theme – A spirited discussion among the composer, music editor and director of “Finding Dory” about the musical elements that shape Dory’s quirky and joyful theme.
- Rough Day on the Reef – Sometimes computers make mistakes. Here you’ll see some of the funny, creepy and just plain bizarre footage the crew encountered while making “Finding Dory.”
- Commentary – Director Andrew Stanton, co-director Angus MacLane and producer Lindsey Collins deliver their personal perspective on “Finding Dory.”
- Deleted Scenes (introduced by director Andrew Stanton)
- Losing Nemo – While watching the stingray migration, Dory starts to follow two fish that remind her of her parents, leaving Nemo all alone.
- Little Tension in Clown Town – In this alternate version of the film, Dory tries to “follow her fins” to her parents, but ends up in a strange place with even stranger fish fashion.
- Dory Dumped – In this early version of the story, Dory's parents had short-term memory loss as well.
- Sleep Swimming – Dory begins to talk and swim in her sleep, revealing what seem to be clues to her past.
- Meeting Hank – Wandering the Marine Life Institute's elaborate pipe system, Dory happens upon the abode of Hank the cranky octopus.
- The Pig – Frantically navigating the pipes of the Marine Life Institute in search of her parents, Dory crosses paths with a terrifying cleaning device.
- Starting Over – Director Andrew Stanton presents four different versions of the movie’s opening scene to illustrate the filmmakers’ search for the best way to introduce Dory’s backstory and to connect this new film to “Finding Nemo.”
- Tank Gang (Digital exclusive) – After a close encounter with a squid leaves them separated from Dory, Marlin and Nemo unexpectedly meet up with the Tank Gang from “Finding Nemo,” who make it their mission to get to the Marine Life Institute … by any means necessary.
- Hidden Seacrets of Finding Dory (Digital exclusive) – Take a deep dive to catch secret Easter Eggs throughout the movie. And just like Hank, they’re hidden in plain sight.
DIY Finding Dory Costumes
I'm celebrating the release of Finding Dory by sharing another Disney DIY project printable. This time it's super simple DIY Finding Dory costumes!
Don't assume that, since Halloween was last month, you won't need these Hank, Dory and Nemo costume instructions for a year. These ideas are so cute and so simple your kids could be playing dress-up today! Download the Finding Dory costume instructions today!
I also have more great Finding Dory content and Disney Halloween articles:
- Over 130 Disney pumpkin patterns
- Free Finding Dory activity sheets
- Finding Dory lesson plans
- Finding Dory pumpkin carving patterns
If you love Disney printables then be sure to check out the other activities and coloring pages I have available for you:
- Disney's The Lion Guard free printables
- Printable Beauty and the Beast coloring pages and activity sheets
- Printable Star Wars Rebels coloring pages and activity sheets
- Pete's Dragon coloring pages
- More from Disney's The Lion Guard printables
- Finding Dory activity sheets
- Sofia the First coloring pages
- Free printable The Jungle Book lesson plans
- More Sofia the First printable coloring pages
- Zootopia coloring pages
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs printables
- Disney Frozen printables
- Minnie Mouse coloring pages
- May the 4th Be With You printable
- Finding Dory Lesson Plans
- Kung Fu Panda coloring pages
- All new The Jungle Book activity sheets
- Classic animated The Jungle Book activity sheets
- Printable Captain America coloring pages and activity sheets
- Free Inside Out printables
Disclosure: Disney flew me to LA to learn more about the in-home release of Finding Dory and several other topics. Thank you to Disney PR for providing the Finding Dory costume instructions.