Check out all of these free cute cat pumpkin carving stencils to find the perfect feline jack o lantern! With categories like black kitties, kittens, scary cats, pop culture cats (and so many more), you’re sure to find the free printable Halloween pumpkin stencil you’ve been looking for.
I’m a cat lover. And a dog lover. I’m really just a general pet lover, and I won’t choose sides. I love dogs and cats equally. I’m not playing favorites by writing about cat pumpkin carving before I write anything about dogs.
Ok, now I can move on.
This is a long article with lots of valuable information! If you know what you’re here to see, you can use the table of contents below to quickly jump to the section you’re looking for.
- Why I love these cute cat pumpkin carving stencils
- More pumpkin stencils!
- Tips for Carving Your Cat Pumpkin
- How to use a cat pumpkin carving template
- 87 cat pumpkin carving stencils!
- Easy cat pumpkin carving ideas
- Cute cat pumpkin carving patterns
- Heart and love pumpkin carving cat patterns
- Famous and Cartoon cat pumpkin stencils
- Cat face pumpkin templates
- Cat and moon pumpkin carving ideas
- Kitten pumpkin carving stencils
- Printable Pumpkin stencils with cats
- Witch and cat pumpkin stencils
- Dog and cat pumpkin stencils
- Cats on fences pumpkin templates
- [Scaredy] Scary cat pumpkin carving templates
- Bats and cats pumpkin carving ideas
- Ghost and Cat pumpkin carving printables
- Creative cat pumpkin stencils
Why I love these cute cat pumpkin carving stencils
I’ve always loved just about every kind of pumpkin decorating and design that can be found around Halloween season.
Choosing pumpkins and carving them as a family has been a full-day activity in our house since before we even had Haiden and Piper. And seeing house after house in our neighborhood with a pumpkin glowing in the dark feels magical.
Then there’s cats, especially black cats.
Until recently, I was the proud cat mom to two black cats, Belle and Nova. I raised them both until they were 17 years old and we had to say goodbye. While they weren’t nice cats, they were mine, they were cute and I loved them.
Writing this post means bringing two things I love together: pumpkins and cats. Writing a cute cat pumpkin carving post has been on my list for a long time, and I’m super excited to share all sorts of free cat pumpkin stencils so you can carve your own feline jack o lantern.
More pumpkin stencils!
If you just love browsing different pumpkin ideas to get in the Halloween spirit, you’re in luck!
Start with this list of over 700 free pumpkin carving stencils, then start looking at specific pumpkin themes.
If you like animated movies, you’ll want to check out my Finding Dory pumpkin carving patterns, Minion pumpkin carving ideas, and the always important Jack Skellington pumpkin carving post. I also have over 150 Disney pumpkin stencils and 30 free printable Disney villain pumpkin patterns.
Pop culture fans should check out over 13 free Baby Yoda pumpkin stencils, 100 free Pokemon pumpkin carving printables, 17 free Loki pumpkin stencils, 60+ Harry Potter pumpkin ideas and these Hamilton pumpkin templates.
Tips for Carving Your Cat Pumpkin
I’ve said this on every on of my pumpkin stencil posts: several years ago, I was lucky enough to get a pumpkin carving lesson from a master pumpkin carver.
He taught me all the best techniques for how to carve a pumpkin so the design is crisp and the pumpkin stays fresh. Even better, he used a stencil in his lesson, so the instructions tell you very specifically how to use a pumpkin stencil. You can read my whole pumpkin carving lesson here, but I’m also sharing the best tips, plus the step-by-step instructions, right now.
How to use a cat pumpkin carving template
There are two steps to using a printed pumpkin template:
- Preparing your pumpkin
- Using your printable cat pumpkin stencil to carve your pumpkin
How to prepare for pumpkin carving
The first thing you need to do before carving your pumpkin is gather up your supplies.
You can make it simple and order a pumpkin carving kit like the one below, but it’s probably not going to last beyond the season.
Instead, it’s recommended that you put together your own kit with these high quality tools that will last you for many years into the future.
Here’s what I have ready before we start each year:
Pumpkin carving supplies
- Your pumpkin
- Antibacterial wipes
- An old CD, DVD or a hard, rounded object to scoop out your pumpkin.
A metal hand trowel or ice cream spade would work well, and this Shark Tank pumpkin scraping glove looks interesting, too!.
- A fine-point Sharpie
- A pointed utility serrated knife
- A Kemper ribbon tool*
- A linoleum cutter set*
- Optional: a wood carving tool set for detail work.
Both the Kemper ribbon tool and the linoleum cutter were considered essential tools in my pumpkin carving lesson. The Ribbon tool is for scraping away the outer skin and some of the flesh of the pumpkin, and the linoleum tool is for detailed scraping.
Since you’re going to use your cat pumpkin pattern, you’ll also need the supplies from the list below.
Pumpkin stencil supplies (if you’re using a template)
- Your printed cat stencil for pumpkin carving
- Push pins
- Graphite transfer paper
- A ballpoint pen or tracing transfer tool
The next step is preparing your pumpkin.
Wipe the entire pumpkin down with antibacterial wipes until they come away clean. Then wipe down your knife, ribbon tool and linoleum cutter.
You’re doing this because bacteria promotes rotting and decay. So cleaning everything, including your pumpkin, is a good step in keeping bacteria away.
Step by Step instructions for how to use your pumpkin stencil
If you have the supplies I listed above, using a pumpkin stencil is really easy. It’s also going to result in the best cat pumpkin carvings you’ve ever seen!
- Prepare your pumpkin by cleaning the outside using the instructions above.
- Don’t cut the top out of the pumpkin. Instead, cut about a 6-inch square “door” in what you want to be the back of your pumpkin (see the image below this list of directions). Save the piece you cut out so you can close the door after you light it.
- Scrape out the seeds and pumpkin guts and pulp using a rounded tool with a hard edge. (The master carver’s advice was to use an old CD or DVD, but I really want to try these Shark Tank pumpkin gloves!)
- Place your printed pumpkin carving cat stencil on top of a sheet of graphite transfer paper. Use 4 push pins in the corners to attach the papers to your pumpkin.
- Firmly write over the lines of the pumpkin stencil using your ballpoint pen. Make sure you press hard enough that the graphite from the paper transfers onto your pumpkin. Remove the thumbtacks and papers and see your pumpkin design, then trace over the graphite lines with a sharpie.
- Use the ribbon tool and linoleum cutter to scrape away the parts of the pumpkin that shouldn’t be cut all the way through. Then use your sharp knife to cut out the remaining sections.
- Place your light in your amazing pumpkin through the square you carved out of the back, and replace the removed square of pumpkin. Use a toothpick to secure it, if needed.
87 cat pumpkin carving stencils!
Are you ready for the biggest list of cat pumpkin carving templates?
Since there are so many to choose from, I’m dividing this list into several sections. You’ll find easy cat pumpkin stencils, and cat jack-o-lantern ideas that include kitty cats, moons, black cats and unicorns. I also have jack o’lantern stencils featuring favorite characters, like the Cheshire Cat, Pete the cat and The Cat in the Hat!
Easy cat pumpkin carving ideas
Let’s start the list with simple cat pumpkin stencils for your jack o lantern. You’ll find easy outlines and basic shapes here. They’re all perfect for those with beginner pumpkin carving skills!
- A very simple cat face pumpkin is perfect for beginners. Print it here.
- Here’s another cat outline to work with. Download the printable.
- One more silhouette black cat pumpkin carving pattern can be found here.
- Here’s an easy AND cute kitten pumpkin stencil to print. Get “Simple Kitten” now.
- The way you cut out this stretching cat pumpkin stencil will make you look like a skilled pumpkin designer! Print it here.
- Chonky kitty? Fat cat? I have a chubby cat printable pumpkin stencil that’s super cute! Save it now.
Cute cat pumpkin carving patterns
If you’re here looking for silly, fun or cute pumpkin carving ideas, you’re in the right place!
- I really love this jack-o-lantern and cauldron with a cute cat pumpkin stencil! Get the “Casting Kitten” stencil for free now.
- This cat on a pile of pumpkins is adorable. Be sure to use that linoleum cutter for the detailed bits. Download the”King of the Hill” printable now.
- I love how the jack o’lantern and the cat have matching smiles in this free printable pumpkin stencil. Get it for yourself here.
- The bubbles coming out of the cauldron in this cute cat pumpkin stencil puts it over the top. Print “Shake and Bake” now.
- The silly eyes and open smile make make this an extra cute cat pumpkin! Get the “Scrambles” printable here.
- It’s time to meet Luna, the cat with a bushy tail who wears a witch hat. Download Luna’s printable now.
- Have you ever wondered what a half owl, half cat baby would look like? This funny cat pumpkin stencil, The Pussycat, will show you! Download “The Pussycat” here.
- Moon eyes, a big smile, whiskers and four teeth make this face one to remember. Download and print “Little Bit” here.
Heart and love pumpkin carving cat patterns
Looking for cat pumpkin stencils with hearts? You’re in the right place!
- This is a pretty easy cat outline against a heart cutout. Print it here.
- These two kitties are in love! Get the stencil here.
- Paw prints complete the heart in this free cute cat pumpkin stencil. It would be adorable on a smaller pumpkin. Download it now.
- A cupid kitty inside a heart is an adorable idea for Halloween! Print “Kitty Cupid” here.
Famous and Cartoon cat pumpkin stencils
Looking for well-known pumpkin templates of cat characters? Check these out!
- Need a Peg + Cat pumpkin carving stencil? Download it here.
- If you need a The Cat in the Hat pumpkin stencil, I’ve got you! Get it now.
- This Grumpy Cat pumpkin carving printable is great. Download it here.
- Famous or infamous? This cat butt pumpkin stencil is pretty unforgettable! (Note: you might need to adjust your printer setting to landscape to get the cat bum pumpkin carving to fit on the page.) Get it now.
- Tom is the cat from Tom and Jerry. Get the stencil here.
- This Hello Kitty pumpkin template is (obviously) super cute. It’s perfect for a tall shape. Get it here.
- One more Hello Kitty pumpkin carving stencil – this one is just her face! Download it here.
- I love the use negative space for this Cheshire Cat pumpkin. Download it.
- It’s so popular for Halloween! Disney’s Cheshire Cat pumpkin stencil is purrfect and free. Print it here.
- Use this Garfield pumpkin carving template on a tall pumpkin. Print it here.
- It’s not lasagna, but here’s a pizza-eating Garfield pumpkin stencil. Get it now.
- The Aristocats are a classic, and this free Marie the Cat pumpkin stencil is adorable! Find it here.
- PBS fans: this Nature Cat pumpkin carving stencil is super cute! Get it here.
- You can’t forget Puss in Boots – he keeps coming back ! Get the cutest cat pumpkin carving stencil here.
- Make a throwback Halloween jack o lantern with this Felix the Cat pumpkin pattern. Download it now.
- Love that cute Japanese pop style? You’ll adore a kawaii cat pumpkin stencil! Print it here.
- Need a lucky cat pumpkin carving stencil? Here’s one. And you can see a carved Lucky Cat here.
- Fullmetal Alchemest fan? Here’s an Alphone Elric’s cat pumpkin pattern to print! Get it here.
- KeeKee from Kee Kee’s Big Adventures is a funny kitty. Download the stencil here.
Cat face pumpkin templates
These feline jack-o-lantern printables feature just the face of your favorite kitties. Some are simple, and others have way more details!
- Want to cut out just the pointed ears, eyes, nose, whiskers and mouth? Download this one.
- This kitty cat pumpkin face is softer than the one above. Download it.
- This one makes a leap into a cat pumpkin stencil for experienced pumpkin carvers. get it now.
- Here’s another cat face pumpkin carving idea. See it here.
- Cool cats are a thing, right? A sunglasses-wearing cat pumpkin carving stencil is really funny! Get “Cool Cat” now.
- The pilgrim witch hat in this cute cat pumpkin stencil is kind of amazing. Print the “My Turn” pattern here.
- I love the crescent moon eyes and use of negative space in this super cute cat pumpkin idea. Print it here.
- I found a really silly cat pumpkin carving printable. Download the “Howie” stencil here.
- The teardrop mouth is the cutest on this cat pumpkin stencil. Get it for free here.
- The name says it all with this single-tooth cat pumpkin carving pattern. Get “Snaggles” here.
Cat and moon pumpkin carving ideas
Is there a more iconic Halloween symbol than a black cat against a yellow moon? You can create this look with your own pumpkin!
- This black cat with an arched back stands on a moon. Be sure you only scrape the grey area while you cut out the black. Download it.
- This printable stencil of a cat in front of a window with the moon in the background uses negative space and I love it. Download it here.
- This is a classic Halloween image! Cut out this crescent moon with a cat pumpkin stencil for an instant favorite design. Get it here.
- I love this printable cat pumpkin stencil showing a kitty laying under a crescent moon .. Get it for yourself here. It’s free!
Kitten pumpkin carving stencils
If you want the cutest cat pumpkin stencil, use one of these kitten templates!
- A playful kitten pumpkin pattern is perfect for a tall squash! This one features a jumping kitty with one paw reaching. Find it here.
- I don’t even know how this little kitten pumpkin pattern is so cute without many details! Get it now.
- Looking for a fluffy kitten pumpkin carving pattern? Download it for free here.
- Here’s a kitty pumpkin stencil of a kitten playing with a fish. See it here.
- I have another playful kitten pumpkin pattern. This one features a baby kitty playing with a ball. Download it here.
- Kittens are even cuter when they’re angry, and this cute kitten pumpkin pattern proves it! Print it here.
Printable Pumpkin stencils with cats
This section is for cat pumpkin stencils featuring more than one cat. Cat families, cats in love, cat friends. They’re all here!
- Choose a wide pumpkin if you want to carve this family of 4 cats pumpkin pattern. Download it here.
- This “3 cats on a fence” stencil is tricky! Remember to leave the white sections and cut out the black (or dark grey) area on this printable to get the pumpkin pattern right. Print it here.
Witch and cat pumpkin stencils
- Be careful while cutting out the black areas of this witch and cat stencil and you’ll have an amazing jack-o-lantern. Download it here.
- Halloween isn’t always scary! This cute cat and witch features an adorable magic wand! Get it now.
- Here’s another cute witch and cat pumpkin idea. Download it.
Dog and cat pumpkin stencils
What’s better than just cats? Dogs and cats! Carve them both into your Halloween pumpkin with these free stencils.
- This is a fairly easy pumpkin stencil with outlines of a dog and a cat. Bonus: you don’t have to carve both shapes if you don’t want to. Get it here.
- It’s a boop and it’s adorable! This puppy and kitten pumpkin template is one of my favorites. Download it.
- Maybe this is the dog and cat pumpkin template with the grown-up versions of the puppy and kitten above. See it here.
- Here’s a front view of a dog and cat. Download the PDF printable here.
Cats on fences pumpkin templates
Until I started looking for them, I had no idea how many printable pumpkin templates there were for cats on fences!
- This is one of the more simple fence and cat pumpkin ideas. Print it here.
- This one looks easy but it’s going to take some effort to cut out all of those rectangles. Get it now.
- The mean kitty pumpkin stencil image is softened with the cute Halloween jack-o-lantern that’s scaring this cat. Download it now.
[Scaredy] Scary cat pumpkin carving templates
As a mom with two kids who don’t like scary things, I’ve found ways to reframe plenty of fear-inducing things so they don’t appear quite as frightening.
Because of that, I’m calling any scary or angry pumpkin stencils scaredy cats, which made it funny, at least in my family!
- Calling this mean cat stencil “scared” might be a stretch, but I’m doing it! You’d probably call it a scary cat pumpkin, though. Get it here.
- An arched back and puffy tail in this printable means a cat is scared (and maybe a little bit scary). Download it here and use it on a round pumpkin.
- The sharp angles in this one means the accents will be easier to carve out. Get it now.
- The spiral tail makes this kitty a cute cat pumpkin stencil! Download it here.
- Here’s another scary cat pumpkin stencil with a spiral tail. Print it now.
Bats and cats pumpkin carving ideas
If you associate any two animals with Halloween, it’s probably bats and cats. I found several free printable bat and cat pumpkin designs that are both fun AND cute!
- I love the eyes in this cat pumpkin pattern! Download it now.
- A jack-o-lantern, a kitty in a witch hat AND bats complete this pumpkin printable template. Get it here.
- I think this bat and cute cat pumpkin stencil is one of my favorites in this section. Print “Best Buddies” here.
- This howling cat pumpkin stencil looks like it has a bat for a mouth. I also love that the background makes it a pumpkin cat pattern. Print “For Crying Out Loud” here.
Ghost and Cat pumpkin carving printables
Ghosts are one of the major symbols of Halloween, and I’ve found plenty of cat pumpkin stencils that also incorporate ghosts!
- This one is pretty cool. It uses carving to show the cat and negative space to show the ghost;. Print out “Get Into the Spirit” here.
- I love happy the ghost and kitten are in this pumpkin stencil! See and print “Newbies” here.
- It’s not a ghost and a feline – it’s a ghost cat pumpkin! Download it here.
- The toe beans in this ghost cat pumpkin carving stencil are perfect! Print “Ghost Cat” now.
Creative free printable cat pumpkin stencils
I’ll be honest, this is the offbeat section. You’ll find all the artsy and crafty cat pumpkin carving stencils below!
- I’m in love with the idea of a carving a sugar skull cat pumpkin for Halloween! Download the template here.
- These simple cat carving patterns has a surprisingly detailed face! See it now.
- This steampunk cat pumpkin carving idea is amazing. Print it here.
- Be careful – this mummy cat looks difficult to create, but the carved pumpkin result would be so impressive! See “Chummy Mummy” here.
- Once I realized what I was looking out, this cat pumpkin stencil made me laugh out loud! Print “What Bird” here.